Saturday, July 31, 2010

Not Good Enough

A poem (for lack of a better word. I don't exactly follow a set pattern or style. More like random thoughts...) I wrote a couple of months ago. I rather not go into detail on my thoughts behind it. Interpretation is up to you. Just thought I'd share:


Guess I wasn't good enough
Not enough to be your all
You've cut me deeper than you'll ever know
The pain runs through, down to my soul

I was holding on to a fantasy
All the while, you moved on
False hope
False words

Guess you were never who I thought you were
I just kept holding on
Don't know what I'd do if I were you
Things to good to be true

I was clinging to your memory
Seems I had things wrong
Broken promises
Broken dreams

Guess you were never mine
Thought all I needed was to do my time
The past pushed me on
Those illusions are all gone

You choose your path
My heart snaps
Lost love
Lost hope

Guess it's my fault for losing you
Don't know what I'm going to do
Blame myself for everything 
Can't see what good the future brings

Bittersweet memories
Erase them from my mind
Impossible to stop
Impossible to run away

1 comment:

  1. :( I like the poem, just wish there wasn't a reason behind it.

    ReplyDelete